This post has nothing to do with Pi Day, except for the fact that I posted it on 3/14. Which means it’s been four months since my last post! I’ve been a slacker, sorry.
So what’s happened since then?
- Paul and I finally found our “home church” in Lomita (Remembrance Community Church). We’ve been getting more involved in leadership, joining a community group, and being active in men’s/women’s ministry. RCC is seriously an awesome church with the most authentic, loving, and relatable people ever, with a heart for God and our community. We’re loving every second of it!
- We booked our first-ever trip to Europe, and it’s coming up in less than a month. SO EXCITED. It’s been over year since we took our last vacation, and the first one since we got Dodger, so we’ll be boarding him for 2 weeks at his daycare (which is cage-free), which I’m sure he’s going to be THRILLED about. Paul keeps joking that we should take him with us because he’s going to miss him too much. I’m sure he’ll get over it as soon as we land in Paris :) We also realized that our good friends Steve & Angela are going to be there at the exact same time, so we’re planning to meet up with them. I’m already sorta sad thinking about it being over, but I hope it’s the experience of a lifetime!
- I recently went to Le Cellier with my team at work to celebrate some milestones and a birthday, and our director treated us to a little wine tasting/pairing. It was an amazing, delicious experience. The owner is a sommelier and taught us so much about wine. All I can say is, it was hard to go back to work afterwards. It also made me very thankful for my job and the people I work with. (All work and no play makes Jane a dull girl!)
- Dodger’s been up to some shenanigans, as always. Lately he’s been eating our couch cushions. :( Just this morning, we tuned in to find THIS:
I think he was mad because we were supposed to take him to daycare today, but we decided to take him tomorrow instead, so we can actually get out and have a full date day. Sigh. He can be so naughty sometimes. But who can stay mad at this guy?!
- Last but not least, 2014 is the year of weddings (for my friends, at least). So far, all of the weddings we’ve attended have been for Paul’s friends, until now. We went to one for my childhood friend Olivia last weekend, and we’ve got a few more coming up this year which we’re suuuuper excited about (ahem, Grace and Sirine, yay). We love weddings!